Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (32): In A Fix

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
In A Fix by Linda Grimes
September 4, 2012 by Tom Doherty Associates

The start of an original new urban fantasy series starring human chameleon Ciel Halligan

Snagging a marriage proposal for her client while on an all-expenses-paid vacation should be a simple job for Ciel Halligan, aura adaptor extraordinaire. A kind of human chameleon, she's able to take on her clients' appearances and slip seamlessly into their lives, solving any sticky problems they don't want to deal with themselves. No fuss, no muss. Big paycheck.

This particular assignment is pretty enjoyable... that is, until Ciel's island resort bungalow is blown to smithereens and her client's about-to-be-fiancĂ© is snatched by modern-day Vikings. For some reason, Ciel begins to suspect that getting the ring is going to be a tad more difficult than originally anticipated.

Going from romance to rescue requires some serious gear-shifting, as well as a little backup. Her best friend, Billy, and Mark, the CIA agent she's been crushing on for years — both skilled adaptors — step in to help, but their priority is, annoyingly, keeping her safe. Before long, Ciel is dedicating more energy to escaping their watchful eyes than she is to saving her client's intended.

Suddenly, facing down a horde of Vikings feels like the least of her problems.


YOU GUYS! IT HAS A COVER! this is one adult book I am dying, DYING to get my hands on and I can't WAIT for it!!! you guys, that cover is so KICKASS and man, ever since I heard of this book, I've been wanting to read it! hoo-freaking-yay for it having a cover! also, I am so, so behind on realizing this book had a cover. It was revealed in March, and holy crap, I need to follow more adult book blogs even though I love YA and MG, it's just not a whole lot of you feature adult. :p

and for those who will be getting ARCs of this book and sending it out to bloggers: can you consider me for one? *eyelash flutter* *cough*ashelynnhetland @ gmail dot com*cough* *smiles*

What are you waiting on this fine Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. Lol! I haven't heard of this one until now, but it sounds good! I review both YA and adult books, though I have to say probably about 70% of what makes it to my blog is YA. Still, I like a good adult book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of it but it looks intriguing. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I always love an ocassional urban fantasy adult book and this one sounds so good! I haven't heard of it before but I will definitely be checking it out!

    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tempting! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this book but it looks like it would be good..

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I came across of it, but it sounds absolutely fantastic and very interesting! Last few months I haven't read many adult books - have to change that indeed. :D

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not that big a fan of the cover, but the premise has me interested. Great choice!

    Check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great! I hadn't heard of it before today, and I'm so glad you featured it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is new for me. I'm not such a fan of the cover, though :p But I hope that you manage to get an ARC somewhere! :)

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-11-lara-avery.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy! your choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying to get my hands on this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A human chameleon! Sounds so intriguing! Vikings too! I can see the need to read this one as soon as possible! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, this cover is awesome! This one definitely sounds good!

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday Post

    Happy Reading!
    Megan (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huh, this sounds pretty fun! I'll let you be the guinea pig, hah.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I don't read that many adult books, but girl, does this sound awesome <3 I mean, come on, a girl that can change her appearance? And the summary makes it sound action-packed, just like my kind of read :)

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for leaving a comment. They make my day, not gonna lie. <3 I do comment back, so go ahead and leave a link to your blog. I also reply directly in the comments, so if you want to, be sure to check back!