Saturday, March 17, 2012

In My Mailbox + Reading Pile (19)

It's that time again, where some bloggers let other bloggers get a peek into their mailboxes... and even what they're reading this week. In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story SirenCredit for Rachel at Fiktshun for coming up with a weekly reading pile. 



Received: 
Tempest by Julie Cross--thanks to Julie! <3 I've already read and reviewed this one, but I now have a signed copy! LOVE! :)
A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink--thank you SO MUCH, Cecilia! I can't wait to read it. <3
A Sliver of Shadow by Allison Pang--thank you so much to Danielle and for giving away SOS on its release day! Can't wait to continue reading Abby's adventures!
The Mapmaker and the Ghost by Sarvenaz Tash--thanks to NetGalley and Walker Children's! eee! this one sounds so good, and I love the cover for it!
Sacrifice by Denise Grover Swank--thanks to Denise! <3 I love this series, and really need to just sit down and read Sacrifice! A quarter of the way through and am LOVING it! 
A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Monet--thanks to Kensington! Excited to read it. :)
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson--OH MY GOD YOU GUYS. When I saw the email saying I won a copy of this book, I was screaming and dancing in my head. I love The Bloggess' blog (ha ha) and she always makes me laugh so very hard. The dedication and introduction had me rolling around the floor laughing so hard. 


Bought:
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver--but I told myself I couldn't read it until after I finish the draft of my novel. :( *kicks rocks* FOR THE BEST! because now I will finish this draft so I can read Pandy. (Also, while I was going through the store, I might have been chanting "Pandy, Pandy, Pandy." BUT JUST IN MY HEAD.) 


READING PILE

Reading This Week:


A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink
March 20, 2012 by Dial

Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance... 

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel. 

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal. 


I'm also going to be reading some of the books leftover from last week's reading pile, and this weekend read A Breath of Eyre


What did you get in your mailbox? What are you reading this week? 

16 comments:

  1. Lovely haul this week! I can't wait to read some of these titles myself, like Tempest. :)

    Here's my IMM. ♥
    Check my international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. You have some awesome taste in books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. As a lover of books you might be interested in the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. I am doing a series of posts on solving cryptic clues. This was the first one I did. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Tempest and A Breath of Eyre - both sound like books I would love! A Temptation of Angels looks good, lovely cover!
    Enjoy your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Breath of Eyre sounds really interesting!!

    I have a copy of Tempest (on audio) I really should get around to listening to it.


    Come see what was In My Mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Amazing on the signed copy of Tempest!! :)

    LOVED Pandemonium!! Hope you enjoy (eventually) as well! :)

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks like you got some awesome books! Pandemonium was amazing. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's Pretend This Never Happened looks really funny and kind of disturbing, haha. Hope you get to Pandemonium soon!

    Preet @ AWR

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished Breath of Eyre.
    Yep, finish that draft so you can have your Pandy -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks! I have about 30k left (maybe more... jeez. This draft is going to be my longest one, I think) and I'm a pretty quick drafter, so hoping I get to it in April!

      Delete
  10. Pandemonium is soo good, love Lauren Oliver's books. And I also loved Tempest. Hope you enjoy your new books;)
    You can find my Mailbox here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mailbox! I hope I can find the time to read The Tempest soon! I am currently reading Pandemonium and loving it. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my mailbox!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stack of books! I need to add Breath of Eyre to my list. I can't wait to read your review for it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like A Silver Shadow hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books! I should really read Oliver's books, I heard a lot of good things about her.

    I hope you'll enjoy all of your books (:

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog,
    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I want to read Tempest SO badly! And Delirium since I haven't even gotten to it yet. o: #fail Awesome IMM! Hope you enjoy it all:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for leaving a comment. They make my day, not gonna lie. <3 I do comment back, so go ahead and leave a link to your blog. I also reply directly in the comments, so if you want to, be sure to check back!