Illustrated by Sam Nielson
March 27, 2012
Walden Pond Press
Middle Grade | Fantasy (Animal Adventure?)
Author's Website | Goodreads
Along the Arctic Circle lies a small island called Neversink, whose jagged cliffs and ice-gouged rocks are home to a colony of odd-looking seabirds called auks, including one Lockley J. Puffin. With their oceanfront views and plentiful supply of fish, the auks have few concerns - few, save for Lockley's two best friends, Egbert and Ruby, a know-it-all walrus and a sharp-tongued hummingbird.
But all of this is about to change. Rozbell, the newly crowned king of Owl Parliament, is dealing with a famine on the mainland of Tytonia - and he has long had his scheming eyes on the small colony to the north. Now, Neversink's independence hangs in the balance. An insurgence of owls will inevitably destroy life as the auks know it - unless Lockley can do something about it.
GOOD MORNING! I have a fantastic giveaway for you today! But first, thanks to Kellie at Walden Pond Press for offering the prize and willing to ship it! Yay! :)
What I think of Neversink:
Neversink is a totally cute, epic journey--and I totally recommend it. After I finished it, I really wanted my own pet Puffin! They are SO ADORABLE, and do you know they are very tiny? 10 inches tall! :)))
And if you're still curious, my review goes up on Thursday! I'll link it here when it does.
Where you can find the author, Barry Wolverton, around the web:
- to enter, fill out the rafflecopter form
- must be thirteen years of age or older (and have parents consent unless 18.)
- contest is open to US/Canada only
- the winner will be notified by email unless for some odd reason there isn't an email provided. the winner will also be listed on this post at the end of the giveaway
- the winner will have 72 hours to respond to the email or a new winner will be picked
- One (1) hardcover of Neversink by Barry Wolverton
- One (1) bookplate signed by Barry Wolverton (bookplates are stickers you can place inside the book so it's like a signed book!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway