Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

When The Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
February 28, 2012
Farrar, Straus, and Giroux/Macmillan

In sixteen-year-old Felicita’s world, magic is strictly controlled—or so those in power like to believe. After her dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven’s death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg’s caste system, and the whole city along with it.


I am so excited to read this book. I fell for the cover hard as soon as I saw it, and I love the title. Is February here?! ha!


What are you waiting on? Leave links so I can visit your WOW posts!

14 comments:

  1. Wow. Never heard of this but its on my list. Nice

    mine:http://thebo0ki3.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-iron-knight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I featured this one before too! It's such an interesting concept! I can't for it~ Great choice!

    Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really good! And I'm in love with that gorgeous cover! :)

    My WOW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this but it seems interesting. Might have to add it to the TBR.

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is gorgeous, right? I loved it too! But I have to say, the summary is as interesting as the cover. Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forbidden magic and dangerous magic called out from the sea sound intriguing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before, but it looks very interesting. :) I'll have to check it out when it releases.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that a few bloggers have already gotten this in their mailboxes. Great choice. Really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I'm really excited for this one as well it sounds so cool and I love the cover. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen this the first time a few weeks ago on a WoW post and it sounds really intriguing. :)

    Great pick,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I saw this one the other day and was very intrigued by the summary. I think its going to be an awesome read. Can't wait!
    Amy's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one does look like it's going to be really interesting. And that cover is just haunting! It's on my TBR list! Great pick this week!
    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the sound of this as well. New follower :-)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this cover so much and the story looks great. I'm waiting on this one too!

    My WoW

    My Awesome Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for leaving a comment. They make my day, not gonna lie. <3 I do comment back, so go ahead and leave a link to your blog. I also reply directly in the comments, so if you want to, be sure to check back!