Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
January 2, 2012
Poppy/Little, Brown


Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.


One of my favorite reads is contemporary love stories. Okay, love stories, but I love when that's the main focus on the story, like ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS or well, anything by Stephanie Perkins.

Plus, I love the twenty-four hour period for a book. I loved it in IF I STAY and WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman.

What are you waiting on? Leave links so I can visit your WOW!

8 comments:

  1. I think I picked this one a few weeks ago. I love the look of this book. It sounds so funny and interesting, and I don't usually read contemp YA. Apart from Stephanie Perkins or Tara Kelly or Melissa Jensen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick, I can't wait for this one as well!
    My WoW http://thereadinggeek.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-16-insurgent.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so gosh darn good!!! I seriously can't wait for it to come out. Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was recommended to me as a roadtrip/travel novel. Definitely caught my eye. Also, I really dig the title, not sure why.
    Thanks for sharing a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I just saw this one last week, plus it was a recommendation on Goodreads. I'm excited for this one :) It looks super cute!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds pretty good, though I don't read as many contemporary novels. Great pick, Ashelynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing good things about this book. You gotta love a good romance in YA.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)

    Here's my Wow:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-5-trafficked.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh this book looks so cute! I will definitely have to keep my eye out for it!

    My WOW: http://www.teenbookfanatics.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-33-insurgent-by.html#comments

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for leaving a comment. They make my day, not gonna lie. <3 I do comment back, so go ahead and leave a link to your blog. I also reply directly in the comments, so if you want to, be sure to check back!